MasterSpec Home Inspection Service, Inc. was founded in 1993 out of a desire to provide professional, unbiased, non-alarmist home inspections to home buyers and sellers in the East Central Illinois region. Our commitment to superior service has never wavered. We truly want the best for our customers!
Since 1993, MasterSpec has performed more than 10,000 inspections on single family and multi-family dwellings, as well as light commercial properties. MasterSpec is a locally owned, independent home inspection firm. We have no “conflicts of interest” when performing inspections as we do not perform any type of repair work, nor do we sell/install any type of mechanical systems. You can trust what we tell you because we work only for you! We are committed to providing the most up to date information on issues facing today’s home buyers and sellers.
Our inspector is licensed by the State of Illinois, and a certified member of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). The ASHI logo, recognized as the industry standard, signifies that our inspector is qualified, experienced, and educated. ASHI is the oldest professional non-profit society in the nation. ASHI requires both technical proficiency and 20 hours of annual continuing education. ASHI long ago set the highest Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics in the profession. Many other organizations have since copied ASHI’s lead.
- Master Inspector by Review ™ - Scott is the only home inspector in the East Central Illinois area to achieve this distinguished title
- Founder and President of Master Spec Home Inspection Service, Inc., Champaign, IL.
- Currently performing approximately 450 inspections per year.
- ASHI Certified Inspector #101977
- ASHI-Great Lakes Chapter Member, currently serving as Chapter Librarian.
- State of Illinois Licensed Home Inspector #450.000160
- Attends quarterly ASHI sponsored 3-day seminars for specialized training in the field of home inspections.
- Home inspector since 1993.
- Has completed over 5900 whole house inspections.
- Guest speaker at various home buyer seminars.
- 1990-1997 Facilities and Safety Coordinator for the State of Illinois Hazardous Waste Research and Information Center (now known as the Waste Management Research Center).
- State of Illinois “Certified Fire Fighter II”.
- 1995-2001 Member of Savoy Fire Department, Savoy, Illinois. 1998-2000 Fire Department Inspector / Fire Safety Education Officer.
- Radon license # RNIT2012206
- Illinois Fire Service Institute, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL
- Parkland College, Champaign, IL
- American Home Inspectors Training Institute, LTD., Eagle River, WI